[SCA-BMDL] Agincourt Kitchen Thank You

Elss_of_Augsburg elss_of_augsburg at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 12:55:53 EDT 2011

Good Gentles of the Debatable Lands and
the Sylvan Kingdom of Aethelmearc, hear these words from a glad and
grateful cook:

Outside, the battle of Agincourt was
fought once again this year, and many noble and valiant deeds were
seen upon the field. Inside, serious contemplation was given to
weighty matters, and there were many thoughtful words spoken. Yet
while all of that was occurring, inside the kitchen there was magic
happening, and it was performed by the hands and hearts of these
amazing people:

LINA IN DANSKA, ever my good right
hand, always hardworking, who fully deserves the Keystone she
received,
MARGARET MAKAFEE, who I never had to
ask to do anything, but who was always busy, and knew just what to
do, and who made the vegetarian pie crusts for us, AND who came to my
house on Friday to pick up the cooking equipment, and brought it all
with her to the event, and took it home again,
KATLA ULFHEDINN, who produced such
amazingly delicious rabbits, gave us chocolate bars (!), and
encouragement, and who organized the orderly service of the feast,
and who at the last minute brought roasters,
ELSA TALIARD, who is better in the
kitchen than she thinks, and jumped in everywhere to help, as always,
and who gave me cookies and kind words,
CATHERINE OF THE DEBATABLE LANDS,
always smiling and calm, who helped peel an orchard's worth of
apples, minded the pies, and sliced and diced and chopped all the day long,
RAVEN WHITEHART, who came to my house
on Friday night to pick up groceries that simply wouldn’t fit in my
vehicle, and who also helped peel an orchard's worth of apples, among
many other tasks, and who made us laugh by telling our fortunes using
the apple peels!
VIOLANTE DE LUNA, whose OCD kicked in
at the right time to keep track of what went in each box, and who got
each box on Friday, and who put together the pigeon pies, made salad,
and located all the ingredients I couldn't find,
ÉIMHÍN MAC ULTAIN, who also made
buckets of salad, and pies, and filled drinks coolers, and hauled
heavy things, and loaded and unloaded cars,
ELRIC, who has never been in a feast
kitchen, but chopped meat, stirred apples, and did all that was asked
of him,
LEAH OF THE DEBATABLE LANDS, who helped
with the pies, and would have done more...

Plus these people for extra above and
beyond assistance:

ODRIANA VANDER BRUGHHE for refrigerator
and freezer space, and transport of foodstuffs, even though she had
much to do herself for Master Huon's vigil, and

ALIME BINT YORGI, who even though not
working the kitchen, was kind enough to pick up perishables on Friday and find
room in her fridge, and brought everything safe and sound to the
event, AND who came to my rescue by dashing out to buy the apples for
the dessert!

Many, many people came to our doors to
offer to help, thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness! Many people came to help wash up, and
it was hard to track you all, but thank you – the people who wash
dishes are the most important ones in the kitchen!! And I must say
that His Excellency Byron wins the award for best dressed kitchen minion!

I know: TL;DR......but this is the
important part: These people, this team, did a fantastic job, and
produced wonderful food, and made it look easy. I want to work with
you all again, anytime, anywhere. You have my deepest thanks.

If I have forgotten anyone, and I must
have, I apologize, please tell me that I may thank you properly.
Yours in service,Elss