[SCA-BMDL] Upcoming Archery Practice Announcements

Urho Waltterinen crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 10 09:23:52 EDT 2011

>From the Captain of Archers,

I have some announcements concerning some of the upcoming archery practices on Sunday.

October 16th. This will be site clean-up day. If you can make come a little early (about 10:30) and we clean-up the practice site. It's not too bad, but anything we do to show that care about the site helps to prove that we can continue to use the site. I will have trash bags, but every should bring workgloves for safety. I will bring cookies.

October 16th. For those who want to participate, we will shoot for the IKAC competition. This is an extensive shoot that is used by other Kingdoms to compare archers and seed tournaments. The shoot consists of 12 rounds. Two timed and two untimed at each of the standard 20, 30, and 40 yard distances. There is an accommodation for youth shots to do the same at 10, 15, and 20, if preferred. This will take time to complete and we may only get one set in, so those who wish to try this, get there early.

October 30th. Halloween shoot at practice. I will have Halloween themed targets and such for us to shoot at. If you have something to contribute, please do! And yes, there will be pumpkins.

November 6th. Practice will be held at the Castle prior to the Barony meeting. This is also our traditional start for competing in the Gwyntarian Winter Challenge. Our Barony and our Kingdom have been active participants in this for several years and we hope to continue that participation.

November 20th. This will be our last scheduled outdoor practice of the year.

Details on archery on Agincourt will follow shortly.

This is all weather permitting.

In Service to the Barony-Marche,

Urho Waltterinen
mka Eugene Siren
crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
(home) 1-412-247-4467
(cell) 1-412-501-5239

Per valde mustache adveho valde officium