[SCA-BMDL] Final Fall Fighting Schola, Wed 6:30, CMU Porter A19

Amy C acostell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 23:34:06 EST 2011

Our last class in the BMDL Fall Schola on Fighting will be today/tomorrow
(depending on when you are reading this)--Wednesday, 11/9, from 6:30-8:30.
We will be meeting in Porter A19 on CMU's campus (downhill, ground level).
Our topic this week is Melee Tactics and Strategy, taught by Sir Alonzio.
Ever wondered how a smaller army can win against a larger one?  How the
strategy is different for fighting on a bridge versus fighting in a field?
What if you add archers, or a fast striking unit?
    This class will be taught un-armored, and all are welcome.  So whether
you are a fighter that wants to learn what those commands mean, or are an
aspiring storyteller, looking for realistic battle scenes, or want to
understand what you are seeing on a battlefield, and even if you just love
all things medieval, I hope you will join us.  The class will likely
include some video of SCA battles, descriptions of various tactics, and
walk-throughs of scenarios.
    Could be helpful to bring shields and weapons if you have them, but
armor is not necessary.

In service,
Cynewyn
313-231-2511