[SCA-BMDL] Ice Cream Social - June 23rd

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:48:27 EDT 2011

Hello Debatable Lands!

It's June already, where does the time go? It's high event/melee/tourney/Pennsic prep season, busy busy busy! Wouldn't it be nice just to relax, have some ice cream, and chat with your friends in person? We thought so, too.  So the BMDL is having an Ice Cream Social!

When: Thursday, June 23rd
TimeL 7:30pm-9:30pm
Where: CMU campus, University Center, Rangos Ballroom 3 (2nd Floor)
Notes: No garb. Parking is close and free! (more details on parking in a later email)

We have a good number of newcomers, and folks that have only been around for a year or two, and it's about time we come out and say "hi" to each other. Lady Anna Leigh and the Officers would like to specifically invite all newcomers and the relatively newer people to come on down and meet some new (well, older) faces, and vice versa.  We're going to have a couple of scheduled "Table Talks", too! Basically, a table set to the side of the main socializing for people who might like a directed roundtable discussion. Topics might include:

-How to assemble your fighting/rapier kit
-What you need to know for your first couple events
-What you need to know for your first/second Pennsic
-How to develop your persona

Let me know what you want to see.  And if anyone out there might like to lead one of these, or another "table talk", let me know that, too.

In Levitate et Caritate,
~Hilda, BMDL Seneschale

PS: Don't forget that Sunday, July 10th is Barony Meeting, 1pm, at Washington Blvd Martial Practices Site