[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Youth Fighter Practice TENTATIVE this Sunday

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 18:18:13 EDT 2011

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

Due to some family issues, I may or may not be able to run Youth Combat Practice this Sunday. For now, I'm going to say it's on, but please check your email Sunday morning to verify that it has not been cancelled.

Assuming it's held, practice will be at the Washington Blvd. site from 2:00 pm through 5:00 pm. I'd like to extend a warm welcome to Devon, a brand new D2 fighter who started last week!

I will have loaner gear available for any youth who would like to try youth combat. Remember to bring water bottles, and to wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.

Also please note that there will be youth combat this Saturday at the Golden Chain Tournament in the Shire of Sunderoak (Butler, PA). I encourage all youth fighters to attend. Members of the Order of the Gage (the Grant-level Kingdom Order for rattan combat) will be on hand to offer advice and training to youth fighters. More information about the event is available here: http://sunderoak.aethelmearc.org/event/GCtourney.html

The practice schedule for the next few weeks is as follows:

June 12        Regular Practice

June 19        Regular Practice

June 26        Regular Practice

I hope we'll see you on Sunday!