[SCA-BMDL] Report on BMDL fencing practice of July 10

Wendy Colbert rapierlady at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 13 21:57:42 EDT 2011

 The July 10 fencing practice started with a some weapons cleaning and retaping.
We had 5 fencers take the field. The fifth fencer borrowed a hood to pass inspection. We had an additional fencer who was not able to take the field due to a lack of equipment. Once I have the loaner gear, I hope that will not be an issue.
Some fencing equipment was in the baronial swap that occurred following the Barony meeting, it was eagerly snapped up by those new to fencing.
Fencing happened until almost 3 pm with a break for the Barony meeting.

Reminder that fencing practice begins at 11 am, and the 1st hour is devoted to teaching.
Irene von Schmetterling
Interim rapier marshal

Come visit my esty shop StringsNstrands  StringsNstrands.etsy.com
for fiber goodies and handcrafted Montessori materials