[SCA-BMDL] Kingdom Newsletter Info

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 29 16:05:03 EST 2011

Hello!

As you may or may not know, the Kingdom newsletter, the Aestel, will be going online starting with the March issue. As I understand it, paper copies will still be sent to you until your 2012 membership renewal. After that, paper copies will only be available at an extra yearly fee. If I'm understanding correctly, if you prefer paper copies, you may wish to renew membership before Dec 31st. Those who wish to have only electronic copies and not paper copies before their 2012 renewal may choose that option online after Jan 1st.

You can read Corporate's electronic newsletter announcement here: http://www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/E-newslettersUpdate.html, and I've copied it below.
You can read Corporate's latest FAQs (dated Nov 8, 2011) about this here: http://www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/E-NewsFAQs.pdf

I've conveyed this information as I understand it, but the subject is not entirely clear to me, so please keep that in mind.

In Levitate et Caritate,
THL Hilda, Seneschale

E-Newsletter Announcement
The Board policy on kingdom electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) is scheduled to take effect on January 1, 2012, with the first e-newsletter available being the March, 2012 issue.
Here are some of the important details of this policy:

All paid Sustaining and International members will have access to all SCA, Inc. kingdom e-newsletters via a password-protected website, even if they choose to continue receiving paper newsletters.
All kingdom newsletters will be 8.5" x 11" in size, with a uniform page count to allow all the paper newsletters to be sent in one bulk mailing.
Within each kingdom, the paper and electronic newsletters will contain the same information, but the kingdom will have the option of including a supplemental PDF of articles, photo essays, art, etc. for the newsletters' website.
Once the link to the e-newsletter website is available on www.sca.org (after January 1, 2012), you may discontinue your paper newsletter, no matter where you are in your membership cycle. However, please be aware that no refunds can be issued if you choose to do so.
An e-newsletter will not constitute proof of membership.
As always, we encourage your comments and questions at comments at sca.org and will try to answer any question you may have. Your kingdom or officer ombudsman is always available to you to answer these questions directly. You may also find answers to a number of other questions relating to e-newsletters at sca.org/BOD/announcements/e-newslettersFAQ.html.