[SCA-BMDL] A message from Liam and Constance

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 23:06:27 EDT 2011

Unto the populace of the Debatable Lands do Baron Liam and Baroness Constance send warm greetings,

How can we ever say thank you to everyone that had a hand in the event yesterday? The good work that went into our Investiture was plain to see on the smiles of everyone who attended.  We wish to thank everyone that did service to make Investiture happen.

Service to the dream is something that is very important to Constance and myself. So much goes on behind the scenes to make these wondrous events in the Barony and throughout the Known World happen. Imagine if you showed up to Pennsic and no one was at Troll? What would we do if only one person could cook a feast? If it weren't for service events in our society would not happen. A wise friend once said, "Fellowship happens when you show up early to set up and stay late to clean up". I have learned more about members of this Barony when I helped in the kitchen at an event with someone, or stayed after an event to help clean up.

Service will be our crusade for the Barony for the time we hold these Coronets. What we ask of each one of you will be to do some service, This doesn't mean that we want everyone to spend an entire vent working Troll, or in the Kitchen, or as a Marshal on the lists. What we would like to see is everyone do a little bit of service at each event, or if you have it in you, become an officer, or a deputy to an officer. The dream survives when we ourselves put forth the work to help others enjoy their day, or their first event. I had a great opportunity to speak to a gentle who lives just outside our borders, who helped carry some of the regalia to our vehicle just after court. This was the third event he had ever attended, and the second inside the Barony. He spoke well of the populace of the barony and how he has enjoyed coming to events here, he also commented about the kitchen staff and how they were smiling every time he went past them, while they were
 working. His comments made me so proud of this Barony. So I encourage all of you to find happiness through service.

On a more personal note, we wish to thank the following people individually:
Mistress Arianna - for organizing yesterdays event
Dame Margeret Makafee - for preparing the sideboard and organizing the kitchen staff.
THL Kameshima - for being our personal Herald until afternoon court.
Lady Sarab - For being pregnant with twins, you did a lot for us yesterday
Lady Rua - You were a great help and Lilly was a great source of entertainment
Lady Caelinn - for keeping us on track yesterday
Dona Sasha- for running an exciting fencing tourney
Ceindrich - for running a great Youth Tourney and Lyanna for assisting her.

Their Majesties for allowing us the opportunity to ascend to the Baronial Thrones.
Their Excellencies Byron and Ariella for turning over such a prosperous Barony.

And Finally, Sir Alonzio of the Peacemakers and Mistress Alexandra dei Campagnella for their guidance of the past several years, You have taught us much.

In Service to Barony and Kingdom,

Liam and Constance

Baron Liam MacanTsaoir (SCA)
Baron of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands
Dean of Aethelmearc War College
In Omnia Paratus