[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday, Iron Comet this Saturday!

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 08:42:29 EDT 2011

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

This Saturday, April 30th, is the Iron Comet event in the Debatable Lands. It will include a youth competition in which kids must enter at least one of the following martial competitions: youth combat, thrown weapons, and archery. Youths who enter multiple competitions will be commended and have the advantage that their best score will be used to determine their ranking. Combatants are also required to enter an item in the A&S display, on the theme of the Iron Comet. A&S entries will not be judged but documentation is encouraged. A really cool prize will be presented to the winner! You can read more about the event at http://debatablelands.org/events/iron_comet/

As if that wasn't enough, this Sunday, Debatable Lands Youth Combat practice will be held at the Washington Blvd. site from 2:00 pm through 5:00 pm. The afternoon will include a Barony Meeting featuring games, and the tallying of the ballots to determine who will succeed Byron and Ariella as our next Baron and Baroness. Don't miss the excitement!

As usual, I will have loaner gear available for any youth who would like to try youth combat. Remember to bring water bottles, and to wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.

The practice schedule for the next few weeks is as follows:

May 1st         Regular practice plus Barony Meeting with games and election results!

May 8th         Regular practice

May 15th        Regular practice

May 22nd        NO practice, Aethelmearc War Practice at Cooper's Lake

May 29th        Regular practice

June 4th        Regular practice

I hope we'll see you on Saturday AND Sunday!

Arianna