[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Rapier Champ Tournament at Children's Crusade II

Wayne Canne wcanne at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 10:13:08 EDT 2010

Greetings to all,
 For the past year, I have had the honor of representing Their Excellencies
Thomas Byron of Haverford and Ariella of Thornbury as BMDL rapier champion.
Tomorrow, at Children's Crusade, it will be time to choose Their next
champion.
The format of the rapier tournament will be round-robin, followed by a
finals of the top 2 people.  Any rapier fighter authorized to fight in the
adult lists is welcome to participate in the round-robin portion of the
tournament, though only those eligible and willing to serve Their
Excellencies as champion may compete in the finals.  The tournament will be
heavy-rapier default, but as per AEthelmearc rules light-class weapons will
be allowed, so plan accordingly.  Following the tournament there will be a
charity tournament as well as open bouting, so come prepared to fight as
much as you care to.
Inspections will begin at 10am, with the tournament starting at 10:30am.
I also plan to do a demonstration of cut and thrust rapier for anyone
interested in learning more about it.
YIS
Don Clewin Kupferhelbelinc
BMDL rapier champion