[SCA-BMDL] Fall Schola Series - Tuesday Nights at CMU

Krista Traini hildasca at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 3 15:04:45 EDT 2010

Greetings! We are very happy to announce that we'll be holding a Fall Schola Series on Tuesday Nights from Sept 7th to Nov 16th.  They will be beginner-level classes on diverse Arts and Sciences and SCA topics.  If you've ever wanted to try something new, now's your chance!

When: Tuesday evenings from 7pm - 9pm
Where: Carnegie Mellon University, Porter Hall A19 (Entrance on Frew St across Flagstaff Hill from Phipps Conservatory on Oakland. Go in on the Ground Floor. Let me know if you need directions).

Next Sessions:

 Sept 7th: Hands-on Leatherworking   - You’ll leave with a piece of leatherwork you made.
 Sept 14th: Hands-on Chainmail    - Learn to make this fascinating metal “fabric”.  Bring pliers if you have them.
 Sept 21st: So What Did They Wear?    - A Survey of European Clothing from the Dark Ages through the Renaissance.
 Sept 28th: Living In The Modern Middle Ages   -  Learn how the SCA re-creates the Middle Ages within the context of our unique culture. Includes a discussion on how to prepare for an event.
 Oct 5th: Arms, Armor and Warfare
 Oct 12th: Musical Instruments Show-and-Tell

Upcoming Topics:

-Calligraphy & Illumination (hands-on)
-Building Your Persona
-An Evening of Fiber Arts (hands-on)