[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Youth Fighter Practice this Halloween Sunday

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 11:09:09 EDT 2010

To all Youth Fighters and their parents,
The Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands will hold youth fighter practice this Sunday, October 31st, at  Washington Blvd Park from 1:00 - 4:00 pm. The weather is predicted to be sunny with a high around 60.

In honor of Halloween, I have some special "spooky" melee scenarios planned. There will be goodies for all youth fighters and a special treat for the fighter who exhibits the most enthusiasm and chivalry!

Note: THIS IS THE LAST FIGHTER PRACTICE AT WASHINGTON BLVD THIS YEAR. On November 7th we will hold practice at the Barony meeting at the Baron and Baroness' castle in Wexford, and then on November 14 we will begin fighting at the indoor winter site, the Chinese Christian Church in the North Hills. We will remain at the church until spring.

Congratulations to the new Baronial Youth Champion of the Debatable Lands from last weekend's Agincourt event, Tiberius! And kudos to the most chivalrous fighter, Robert! At Agincourt, all youth fighters received a Debatable Lands fighting baldric (as gold sash with a black comet on it).  If you weren't at Agincourt, you can still get a baldric at fighter practice on Sunday.

As always, remember to wear long pants and closed-toe shoes, and bring a bottle of water. New fighters, we have loaner gear, but appreciate it if you can provide any of your own equipment, especially personal (groin) protection.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

Arianna