[SCA-BMDL] Creating a Persona / Basics of Heraldry - Fall Schola Series

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 10:59:17 EDT 2010

Tonight's Fall Schola session is a Double Feature!

The first hour is all about building your medieval persona - Who do you want to be? How do you figure that out? What kind of resources exist? Interesting stuff.  This part will be led by Mistress She'erah, who built not one, but two complete personas during her time in the SCA.

The second hour is an introduction to Heraldry.  This ubiquitous art/skill was essential to the medieval noble - those interested in the wartime arts as well as the peacetime arts.  Come learn the basics of the different types of Heraldry, and how we use them in the SCA.  This part will be lead by THLady Roana, who was on Kingdom-level Heraldic staff for many years, and was our own College of Cour d'Or's Pursuivant (herald).

See you tonight, 7pm, Porter Hall A19 (CMU).  Let me know if you have any questions.

In Levitate et Caritate,
~Hilda, Seneschale

See also http://www.debatablelands.org/fall-schola.html.  Parking is free.  If you can't find a spot on Frew St, you can park near Phipps and walk across Flagstaff Hill.