[SCA-BMDL] November Barony Meeting - Nov 7th, 1:30pm (archery+TW earlier)

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:05:25 EDT 2010

November Barony Meeting will be a Harvest Revel in fine style! Come on down to the Baron and Baroness's Castle on Sunday, November 7th, in Wexford for fighting, fencing, arching, throwing, pumpkin-flinging, and PIE!!

Archery and Thrown Weapons will begin at 11am and end at 1:15pm-ish.  They will be followed by a few short announcements to the assembled at 1:30pm.  Fighting and fencing will be begin after that, around 2pm.  And then... pumpkin-flinging! Oh yes, we will be tossing our pumpkins off of the ramparts to the ground below. Yay Smash! (no rotten ones, please - it was kinda icky last year)

And what is a Harvest Revel without PIE! We'll be hosting our Second Annual Pie-Baking contest, winners by populace vote.   Same rules as last year, but with an added category: Best Period Pie! Here are the rules:

1. There will be three winners, one for best Fall Vegetable Pie (pumpkin/squash/sweet potato/etc), one for best Fall Fruit Pie (apple/pear/etc), and one for best Period Pie, any filling (must name your source, but full documentation isn't necesary). Bring on your best again!
2. Winners will be chosen by popular vote, so bring enough, or cut it small!  Everyone at the meeting gets three markers, one for vegetable, one for fruit, and one for Period Pie. They vote by placing their markers at their favorite pies.
3. As long as you can justify your entry as a "Harvest Pie", you can enter it. Pumpkin roll? A spatially-challenged pie! Apple bars? Crust-less mini-pies! My favorite last year was "Procrastinated Pie" by Pavel - a bag of apples!
4.  In case of a tie, an expert panel of judges will decide the winners.
5.  Prizes will be bragging rights for an entire year! And the adolation of the populace! GLORY! (Plus maybe some other goodie I can drum up.)

No Officers' Meeting is currently planned.  And there is no Steelers' Game that day.  Let me know if you have any questions!

In Levitate et Caritate,
~Hilda, Seneschale