[SCA-BMDL] Pie Contest Winners!

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 10 12:14:56 EST 2010

Thanks to everyone who baked pies and gave of their time to stuff their... I mean... judge!  The competition was fierce in all categories - Fruit, Vegetable, Period, and a day-of addition in honor of one of our past Seneschales, Illadore: "Stolen" Pie. Puns and fun were very popular this year. And yet clear winners emerged, bringing GLORY to themselves and their baking skills!

Lady Rosalia won the Vegetable category with er Octo-Pie...mouthwatering chicken pot pies in the shape of Octopi.
Maestra Gianna was victorious in the Fruit category with her Not Round Apple Pie
Lady Elss successfully defended her title from last year of Period Pie-Master Supreme-o with her offering, "Pigeon" Pie.
Levity reigned as the people declared THLady Rufina the winner of the "Stolen" Pie category.  Her Pea-Can Pie, shamelessly stolen from "When Harry Met Sally", was an unopened can of peas in a pie plate. Nice!

Enjoy your Glory, winners, for it shall only last one year, unless you can successfully defend yourselves from the amazing cooks of the Barony next November.  Especially those gentles who came in very close seconds: Lord Pavel with his Pumpkin Pie from scratch, Jackie with her Pumpkin Spice Macaroons, Our own Baroness Ariella with her Apple-Cranberry Tart, and THLady Myfanwy with her Period Rice Tart (my fave!).  VIVANT!

In Levitate et Caritate,
~Hilda, Seneschale