[SCA-BMDL] Calling for Teachers!

Cara & Char caram at pitt.edu
Mon Nov 1 17:04:26 EDT 2010

Good Gentles, please volunteer to teach a class at the upcoming Castle Schola II, Saturday March 5th, 2011.  The site will open at 10am with the first classes starting at 11am, last classes ending at 5pm.  We have no particular theme for the classes, just anything you would like teach, and this site is a private home with wireless internet, a sewing room, and a "messy" basement workshop area.

We would like two specialty tracks.  The first is "youth friendly", any class you can make appropriate for youth and adults.  One great example is Baroness Betha of Bedford has kindly offered to teach a wire art project (such as a simple ring) from her books, something that a ten year old could do or a younger child with some assistance from a parent.  Lord Edmundo da Monreale has offered to tell stories and teach storytelling to youth and adults.  The second specialty track is Travel pictures!  Have you taken some SCA-related slides or digital pictures at a museum or while in another country?  People would probably love to see them!  Please let us know what laptop or other means you have and we will see if our projector is compatible.  One much anticipated example is THL Leifr and Fruthikona Hrefna's photos from their trip to the Norselands, with documentation images of many things Viking.

If you wish to teach, please contact our class coordinator, Mistress Countess Genevieve du Vent Argent at 412-621-8610 (no calls after 10pm please) or g3dots at gmail.com.  With any other questions, please contact the autocrats, Byron and Ariella (mka Char Branstetter and Cara McCandless) at caram at pitt.edu or 724 933 4661.

Have fun dreaming up interesting classes and please mention this to gentles in other kingdoms who might like to travel and teach!
Yours,
Ariella and Byron