[SCA-BMDL] reason for Castle Photo shoot

Cara & Char caram at pitt.edu
Sat May 29 21:25:04 EDT 2010

Greetings!  We want to explain that the photo shoot today was requested by Dan Diehl, the gentleman who has written several books on Medieval life, including /Constructing Medieval Furniture/.  He is revising his first edition of /Medieval Celebrations/ and asked us to host a photo shoot to update the photos from the first edition.  As this is a how-to book for the non-SCAdian, we did things like appear out of garb for a some of the photos or have intentionally less-than-perfect standards for authenticity.
Yours,
Ariella and Byron