[SCA-BMDL] Weekend activities

Wayne Canne wcanne at gmail.com
Fri May 28 07:56:54 EDT 2010

Greetings,
 This holiday weekend is shaping up to be a busy one.  Saturday is the
Queen's Rapier Championship in nearby Misty Highlands.  Sunday is the BMDL
monthly meeting, with a team competition that ranges across numerous
disciplines.  Both Saturday and Sunday there is a demo co-hosted by the
Incipient Shire of Ballachlagan in nearby Steubenville, OH.  Those of you
who are not busy on either Saturday or Sunday, and are willing, the demo
could use your assistance.

For those of you unfamiliar with the demo details, this is from the
Ballachlagan webpage.

*Upcoming Demo at The Fort Steuben Mall*

*Sat May 29th and Sun May 30th *

*Greetings Good Gentles!*

*We have been asked to hold a demonstration at the Fort Steuben Mall in
Steubenville Ohio on the Weekend of May 29th and 30th. This demo will be
a co-hosted inter-kingdom demo including Ath Dreagain of the Midrealm and
The Incipient Shire of Ballachlagan of AEthelmearc.*

*The tentative demo times will be 10-6 PM on Saturday, and 12-4 PM on
Sunday. We will have plenty of room for the heavy fighters and fencing in
the center court area, along with tables and chairs available for any
displays we would like to set up. If you need tables, please e-mail me the
amount required and I'll get in touch with the mall management. The mall is
planning on assisting us in the advertisement of the demo, possibly getting
schools involved, and to paraphrase the Mall Manager : "What can we do to
make this really big?"*

*All the details are not available quite yet, but as of the moment we cannot
have sharp steel, and regretfully cannot demonstrate bows or thrown weapons.
We CAN however set up displays of unsharpened weapons, bows, etc and man
tables to explain our activities. A&S displays would be wonderful.*

*Merchants ARE allowed for a fee. The charge for the weekend if selling is
$50/day. That includes 1 table, 2 chairs and table skirting. I will most
likely have to arrange this with the mall ahead of time, so please anyone
that plans on setting up a stand please let me know!*

*We would truly appreciate any help that can be given in this endeavor in
spreading the word and hopefully joining the fun. Extra hands, fighters,
fencers, artisans, bards, anyone that would like to attend would be very
welcome and much appreciated. *

*This is a great opportunity in this region, and if nothing else, a
day everyone can get together and do what we like to do!*

*If there are any questions, or you can attend and help in any manner,
please feel free to e-mail the Chatelaine  *Lord Ruland
Burckhart<eabednar at comcast.net>.

YIS
Don Clewin Kupferhelbelinc