[SCA-BMDL] Vivant to our Barony at Gulf Wars

tessathehuntress at comcast.net tessathehuntress at comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 23:30:42 EDT 2010

I saw several wonderful things at Gulf Wars, our Kingdom and Our Barony should be proud.  I wanted to mention one of them.  Gulf Wars has a "Rose Tournament", it's actually a really big deal down there.  As a Rose, I have the privilege of asking one fighter to fight in it, for me.  This year, I knew who I wanted that fighter to be and her Excellency Ariella graciously said yes.

She fought very well.  It's a single elimination tournament.  In her first round, she killed the champion of my friend Cherish (countess of Trimaris).  She fought very well and very chivalrously.  She impressed a number of the Roses, who remarked on her skill and spirit.  Her last round brought a smile of delight to Duchess Elina (the author of the "Iron Rose".  When fighting two sword against a polearm, charging is a good thing.  Doing it with spirit and no hestitation..  is awesome.   She came close, even with those odds.

I just wish more of our Kingdom could have seen her fight.  She fought very well, it was a pleasure to see her fight.  One more round and she would have been in the finals and this after fighting all day.

Illadore also fought for me and did very, very well, especially in such a large wish.

I love the fact that we have such skilled warriors in our Barony and our Kingdom..  I'm honored that they fought for me.

I can't quite get the wording I want, but I'm tired..  I wanted to say something while it was fresh in my mind.

Tessa, Princess

Greetings Good Gentles of our Barony Marche of Debatable Lands!  As our Barony has many who are both modest as well as skillfull, I would report on some good works at Gulf Wars last week that will otherwise be little recognized.  First, our Captain of the Archers, Urho, troubled by some shoulder pain, still took second in the Knowne World in a large archery tournament. His son, Will Parris, took first in the non-White Scarf Knowne World fencing tournament.  Our former Seneschal and new citizen of Aethelmearc, Illadore, took second in the Knowne World fencing tourney in a list of 102 combatants.  Boden and Gabriel did very well in the Knowne World Squires Tournament, with Boden placing in the top 5 competitors in a huge list.  As you may recall, many Barony artisans replaced stolen regalia for The Barony of Namron in Ansteorra.  When faced with our Kingdom army upon the field in the Town Battle, they promptly chose to fight elsewhere, refusing to fight those who had shown such generosity.  Alastar's Bakery crew fed many hundreds of gentles who left satisfied and happy, growing the Bakery's Knowne World reputation.  As always, our King Henri and Queen Elena and our Princess Tessa inspired us on the battlefield and in peaceful pursuits. I am certain my memory fails to recall further fine deeds or I would list them here.
So Vivant to those who enjoyed Gulf Wars and represented our Barony is such fine ways!
Yours in Service,
Ariella, Baroness of these Debatable Lands