[SCA-BMDL] Region 2 Archery Practice

crossbow1953 crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 7 07:20:32 EST 2010

By the kind generosity of their Excellencies, Byron and Ariella, Baron and Baroness of these Debatable Lands, we will once again have a regional archery practice for all at the Wexford Castle on Sunday, April 11th. This is the day after Aethelmearc Coronation. We will begin at 10:00 in the morning and continue until 5:00 that afternoon. All from the region, the Kingdom, and beyond the borders are invited.

>From the Captain of Archers for the Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands,

The primary goal at this practice will allow everyone who wishes to shoot for the Gwyntarian Winter Challenge which closes soon after this date. Last year we had 44 archers from our Kingdom and 14 from the immediate area alone. We would like to conduct this as our morning project and leave the afternoon for everything else.

We will have novelty targets and anything that we can think of that is safe to shoot at. Space permitting and pending marshal availability, there may be some individual training. Of course, we will have archery from the Castle parapets. Further, if I can convince certain archers, I'm sure we will have interesting and bizarre targets to shoot at.

The Barony-Marche loaner gear will be available.

Food will be pot luck. Brings hot and cold meals, side dishes, desserts, and snacks as you wish. Try out something new - archers are hardy souls. Soft drinks will be provided.

Their Excellencies ask that everyone wear garb for the day. We hope to take pictures.

This is a free event, but donations will be gladly accepted to assist one of our Barony Grand Masters and Silver Buccle Herald in his traveling duties forthe Kingdom.

The  Castle address is 755 Stonegate Drive, Wexford PA 15090 and a map can be found at:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Wexford&state=PA&address=755+Stonegate+Dr&zipcode=15090-7593&country=US&latitude=40.62952&longitude=-80.10511&geocode=ADDRESS

Please contact Urho Waltterinen with any questions and requests.

 In Service to the Kingdom,

 Urho Waltterinen
mka Eugene Siren
crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Home phone: 1-412-247-4467
Cell phone: 1-412-901-5239

Per valde mustache adveho valde officium