[SCA-BMDL] May Barony Meeting and A&S Wars Results and Thanks

Krista Traini hildasca at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 1 19:13:29 EDT 2010

Greetings, You Amazing Residents of these Debatable Lands!

Sunday's Barony Meeting was lots of fun, and I want to thank you so much for coming and participating.  The day was filled with joy, including a Baronial Court, the four competitions, more pop-ups than I ever would have thought, food by the Cooks' Guild, a surprise visit by the ice cream truck, beautiful music, and excellent stuff swap.  And laughter.  Shall we do it again next year?

And now...the winnahs:

The Costumers gained MUCH GLORY as the overall winners!!! Vivant! Vivant to Ts'vee'a, Ariella, Sasha, Aleea, Kadan, and Urho!
The Children's Guild also gained A LOT OF GLORY for finishing a very, very close second, with three of their champions finishing in second place in their respective events.

The Debatable Choir gained GLORY on the swift arrow of THL Brandubh, the Archery winner.
The Costumers gained GLORY upon the sharp axe of THL Urho, the Thrown Weapons winner.
The Costumers gained GLORY upon the whippy blade of Dona Sasha, the Fencing winner.
The Cooks' Guild gained GLORY on the twin death-swords of our own Baroness Ariella, the Heavy Fighting winner.

And I think the Wednesday Scriptorium, I Genesii, and the Brewers also gained SOME GLORY on the hands of their champions and themselves, as all participated with honor and in a spirit of fun. Vivant!  Plus, all the booty rocked, and I think everyone left with something. Chocolate, toys, pasties, brownies, tokens, beer, tunics, and more!

I'd like to thank everyone who made the afternoon such a fine one: Their Excellencies Byron and Ariella for their strong support, especially His Excellency, who suggested having a treasure chest aspect to the day. Booty!  Also our marshals: THL Urho (neat shoot!), Lord Jorundr (congrats on the Comet Gules, too), Lady Gabrielle de Winter (who traveled from Vulcansmeade so that all our fencers could participate), and Lord Shiro.  Thank you, too, to our MOLs, Lady Aillean, and His Excellency Byron.  Thanks to Lady Aibell who organized the stuff swap, brought crayons and tables, AND neat signs that passers-by can know that we are SCA. Thanks to THL Michelina, THL Urho, and Lord Liam, who brought water. Thanks to the Cooks Guild (THL Michelina, THL Odriana, THL Myfanwy, Master Alastar, THL Rufina) for bringing food.  Thanks to everyone that brought shade (Mistress Arianna, THL Michelina, Their Excellencies Byron and Ariella, THL Roana and Lord Charles, Duchess Morgen, and Lady Caillen).  Thanks to Lady Caillen, too, for conceiving of and producing a great program, so that all knew whose champions were whose.  Thanks to THL Brandubh, Mistress Ts'vee'a, Mistress Arianna, Lord Jorundr, Hrefna fruthikona, Dona Sasha, and Don Christian for being my sounding-boards.  And thanks to you, the populace, who made the afternoon magic.

The Champions: Vivants to Lady Thorfinna, Comtesse Elena, Lady Rosalia, and Lady Annaleigh for stepping in as last-minute champions (or foul usurpers, as the case/viewpoint may be).  Vivants to THL Brandubh, THL Urho, Lady Annaleigh (kinda), and Comtesse Elena for being double-duty champions (well done!),  Vivants to all the Archery Champions: THL Brandubh, Robert, THL Urho, Mistress Arianna, THL Deryk, Lady Annaleigh, and Lady Muirgheal.  Vivants to the Thrown Weapons Champions: Kenneth, Lady Elss, Baron Byron, Lady Thorfinna, Violante, THL Brandubh, and THL Urho.  Vivants to the Fencing Champions: Mistress Kris, Master Michael, Lady Annaleigh, Don Christian, Dona Sasha, Lord Charles, and Comtesse Elena.  Vivants to the Heavy Fighting Champions: Duchess Morgen, Comtesse Elena, Baroness Ariella, Lady Rosalia, Sir Kadan, and Lord Liam.  Vivants to all those in the Guilds and A&S Activities who brought booty and cheered their champions, especially the "ringleaders": Mistress Arianna, Leah, Vrouwe Odriana, THL Rufina, Lady Elss and Lord Pavel, Mistress Ts'vee'a, and Hrefna fruthikona. Vivant!

In Levitate et Caritate,
~Hilda, Seneschale