[SCA-BMDL] Fwd: Fw: Dance Academy and Ball in the Canton of Northpass (the sequel)

Ben Cogan donnghaile at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 11:23:27 EST 2010

>From BMDL ex patriot Conandil.  She and her husband William are organizing a
dance event in Northpass, Yonkers, NY.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Conandil ingen Donngaile <conandild at yahoo.com>
To: brokenbridge <cantonofbrokenbridge at yahoogroups.com>, whytwhey <
cantonofwhytwhey at yahoogroups.com>, ostgardr <ostgardr at lists.panix.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:34:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Dance Academy and Ball in the Canton of Northpass (the sequel)

From: William Bornander <wrborn at hotmail.com>
To: sca-dance at sca-dance.org
Date: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 5:05 PM

Greetings,

Please allow for a shameless plug for our humble gathering in the Canton of
Northpass of the Crown Provence of the East Kingdom... (NYC area.)

There are over 30 musicians and instructors of dance preparing for your
enjoyment. Food is being procured. And a ball with 4 fine groups of
musicians are practicing to perform over 80 dances for our amusement in the
evening Ball...

I hope to see as many of you there as possible!

-Wilhelm of Northpass

Event website -
http://northpass.eastkingdom.org/Dance%20II/DanceEventII.html

Event invite:

Another Dance Academy and Ball in the Canton of Northpass
Saturday, March 20, 2010
St. Marks
1373 Nepperhan Ave.
Yonkers, NY  10703

Princes and Paupers, Counts and Commoners, Let me beg all to come together
on the Feast of Saint Cuthbert for a Day of Dance. Join us as we reprise An
Academy and Ball in the Canton of Northpass, in the Crown Province of
Ostgardr.

Spring will be nearing and our fair lands will be awakening from the
darkness of winter. Our bodies will be warming to the longer days as our
souls are inspired by the songbirds and our hearts begin to think of love…
So, as before, we will celebrate this with our most joyous of the
entertainments that life can offer, we propose a celebration of the beloved
joy of Dance.

We offer an Academy of worthy mentors from throughout our renowned Kingdom
and from distant and foreign Lands all gathered this day for the lone
purpose of sharing the art of Terpsichore. The day will consist of
instruction for all Dancers… whether one is most graceful and refined in our
art or for those who are more at ease in Armour and Shield. We also have
added more scholarly discussions for those who live our great art to share
one with another!