[SCA-BMDL] A report on the REgional Archery Must

crossbow1953 crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 13 18:24:42 EDT 2010

I'm having trouble sending this with an attached score report, so I'm sending what I can.

>From the Captain of Archers for the Barony-March of the Debatable Lands,

A report on the Third Regional Archery Practice held on Sunday, May 11 at the Castle.

It was a wonderful day for archery! Even the slightest rain held off until site breakdown.

A large part of the day was dedicated to shooting scores for the Gwyntarian Winter Challenge. Many people shot the rounds - some for fun, some for score - and I submitted fourteen scores to the Challenge scorekeeper; mostly from the Barony and its immediate area and at least one from far-travelers.

At this time, I see twenty-six entries from the Kingdom of Aethelmearc adn sixteen entries from immediate region of the Debatable Lanes including Steltonwald, Ballachan, and King's Crossing.

I took one glance around the corner and saw at least 7 or 8 new thrown weapon stands. I wish I would have had time to try them out.

In the afternoon, the archery from the castle battlements began. I heard a lot of giggling going on. Sounded like fun.

There are just too many thanks to be delivered to everyone for the. So I'll do what I can and hope I don't miss anyone.

Thank you to everyone who came to the Practice. I've tried to keep a count in the past, but there just too many that came by today.  We had people from all over the region plus the Barony of Delftwood. (Thank you for coming, Your Excellencies).

Thanks to THL Deryk, my friend, and you all know why.

An especial thanks to Lady Muirgheal inghen Dubhghaill for help in controlling the range line while I was trying to be scorekeeper.  Steltonwald archery is in good hands with her leadership.

Thanks to their Excellencies, Byron and Ariella, for the use of their home. Events and practices are always something special there. Archery is strong in your Barony and a major contributor to our reputation in the Known World.

Your Majesties, I'm not bragging when I say that what we did on Sunday is why the Barony is one of the brightest stars in the firmament in the Glorious and Sylvan Kingdom that is Aethelmearc.

In service,

Urho Waltterinen

mka Eugene Siren

crossbow1953 at earthlink.net

Home phone: 1-412-247-4467

Cell phone: 1-412-901-5239

Per valde mustache adveho valde officium