[SCA-BMDL] Vikingr Returns

Jeff Hoskinson jeffhos at eclecsia.org
Mon Sep 28 23:08:22 EDT 2009

 From Court Baron Leonard the Younger:

VIKINGR IS FINALLY BACK

Greetings,

After the hectic holiday season the VIKINGR study group will be
renewed.  The focus of attention will primarily be the dynamic effects
upon European cultures (east and west) by the last of the great dark
ages and early middle ages migrations.  Scandinavians, Magyars, etc.
were all active and on the move, creating the foundations of later
nation-states.

The meetings will be (at least initially) be scheduled on the last
Thursday of alternate months, at 7:30 pm, at the home of Baron Len.  A
mailing list is being compiled for all who are interested in
participating.  Please contact me to be included on my "snail mail"
list to receive notices and other information.  Phone (412) 241-2105.
No e-mail is available.  Phone for directions or to be sent a map.

It was always our custom previously to bring a contribution to the
snack table at our bimonthly meetings.  Special covered dish; bag of
chips; beverage; all were welcome.  We always ate well while
expounding on our research.  Let us continue.

Once a year, usually just before the holiday season kicked in, we had
a Saturday night film fest.  Medieval movies: good, bad, ugly,
hilariously awful - but great fun all of 'em.  Let's do that again.
Plenty of SCA crash space until Sunday morning.

Yours in service,
Baron Len