[SCA-BMDL] Sundays at Washington Blvd

Cara & Char charb at email.consolidated.net
Mon Sep 14 22:27:56 EDT 2009

Greetings good gentles!
Let all know that thrown weapons has become an intergral part of the Sunday
marshall activities of the Debatable Lands.  Thanks to Porfinna's pioneer
work, and Elss's willingness to supervise small children (notably, our
child), we had 6 hours of thrown weapons practice at the Washington Blvd
site this weekend.  Thanks also go out to Alaric, who single-handedly
doubled the number of targets on the range.  We are hoping that thrown
weapons will become a regular part of practice alongside the already
successful heavy weapons, fencing, archery, and youth fighting.  (All we
need are a few horses and a trebuchet, and we'll have all the bases
covered.)
When the marshallate is well-represented, like it was this weekend,
newcomers will feel more welcome and more excited, and will be more likely
to come again.  It was wonderful to have such a successful turnout just as
some of the new students were coming to their first practice. (In fact, two
of the students who attended last week's Barony Meeting were there.)

Please come and join us on Sundays for a wide selection of marshall
activities.  The fun starts with archery at about 11AM.

--Byron and Ariella
Baron and Baroness, Debatable Lands