[SCA-BMDL] Barony Meeting

Cara & Char charb at consolidated.net
Tue May 5 07:30:09 EDT 2009

Greetings Unto all Good Gentles in our Fair Barony Marche of Debatable Lands!  We want to thank all those who came out for the afternoon at Washington Blvd yesterday, enjoying good weather and good company. Thank you to those like Aibell, our new Youth Minister, who set up a table with activities and snacks; the toddlers seemed to enjoy the playpen.  Thanks to Zoe who had a great turnout for boffer fighting!  Thanks for the Officers who gave of their time for an Officers' meeting.  Elss, our Chronicler, mentioned she would be happy to send a paper Althing to your address if you find it harder to get around to reading it online; please contact her with this request.
    Of note when upcoming events were announced, there is one Arts and Sciences event coming up, the Dark Ages Schola in Hornwood on June 13th, that some Barony members are attending and supporting.  War Practice has classes and an Arts and Sciences forum and Myfawnwy's fiber forum.Other upcoming events are largely fighting-focused: Siege of Harlech, War College, Steltonwald's Children's Crusade in August, and Agincourt in October.  Let's consider, in a Barony so rich in the Arts and Sciences, plans for upcoming events that focus on the arts as well.
Again, vivant to all who attended a wonderful Barony gathering yesterday!  Our next one is Sunday July 19th in the same site, Washington Blvd, at 1pm.  Hope to see everyone there!
Yours In Service,
Byron and Ariella