[SCA-BMDL] Activities this Sunday

Cara and Char caram at pitt.edu
Tue Mar 3 15:22:05 EST 2009

Greetings to all Good Gentles in our Barony Marche of Debatable Lands!  We are fortunate that, so close on the heels of a wonderful Minohi event, we can gather together again!   Several people have taken initiative in asking to hold SCA-related activities in addition to the Barony meeting at our house this coming Sunday, March 8th.  So we have a very exciting and interesting day for all who attend!  Please bear in mind that, though we love more people at our house, our neighbors have had some parking complaints.  We ask, therefore, that people carpool if possible, park diagonally on the grass to take up less room, and use some of our nice neighbors' frontage which we will delineate.
Here is the list of activities going on:
1) Barony meeting at 1pm in great hall
2) Intensive Sewing workshop for TRH's in the basement starting at 10am
3) Mistress Antoinette's perogie making class in Period Kitchen (some time after meeting)
4)  Heraldic consultation and montly Herald's meeting in library (most of afternoon after meeting)
5) Our Chronicler, Elss of Augsburg, will hold drawing and illustration time for all, especially children, who would create artwork for the Althing.  Location will be where she prefers.
6) Leah will be selling off the troupe's excess Girl Scout cookies (cookies are cash-and-carry).  Let us know if you have any particular amount and type you'd like us to set aside for you.
7) Fencing (outdoors or in great hall after meeting depending on weather)
8) Rattan fighting (outdoors or in basement after meeting)
9) Birthday party with cool cake for Lucas, our youngest local Grand Master Bowman, who's turning 14!

That is what we have as of now.  Just use Google maps for 755 Stonegate Drive, Wexford PA 15090 for directions.  Feel free to bring any food or drink to contribute!
We look forward to seeing folks this Sunday!
Yours,
Byron and Ariella