[SCA-BMDL] Fwd: zoo demo - FINAL INFORMATION - SUNDAY UPDATE - please read

L.J. Rodriguez rufinasca at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 19:53:37 EDT 2009

things went well today, lets hope for as good a day tomorrow!!

there has been some confusion about the directions to the check - in spot.
here they are again. maybe print them and bring them?

GETTING TO THE DEMO AREA:

from the main parking lot, go up the escalator/elevator. GET A MAP AT THE
GATE. go with the flow of the people. walk past the store & the carousel. go
under the stone arch bridge. when you come to a sign that says "water's
edge" with an arrow to the left, GO RIGHT.  yes, go AGAINST the flow of
people. follow the path until you come to a large yurty-looking wooden
shelter. it is labeled 'national city pavilion" on the map but says "PNC
pavilion" on the building itself :)   to the left of this building you will
see double doors that say "do not enter" or somesuch. ignore this and go in,
go through the shark tube and you will find the check in area in the large
room between the sharks and the polar bears. this is the water's edge
tunnel.  YOU MUST CHECK IN TO RECEIVE YOUR FREE PASSES. YOU MUST CHECK IN.
please check in. please.

I AM SERIOUS about going right instead of left that the "water's edge" sign
with the arrow.  if you go the wrong way you will have to walk around the
ENTIRE zoo before you find us. you do not want to do this on a hot day :)
IF YOU SEE RHINOS or ELEPHANTS, you are going the wrong way... GET A MAP AT
THE GATE.  you want to be taking the shortcut towards kids kingdom. you are
headed to what is called "national city Pavilion" on the map. to the left of
this building you will see double doors that say "do not enter" - GO IN,
down the tunnel and look for the check in table. IF THE CHOIR IS SINGING, go
past them quietly please :)

DROP OFF OF HEAVY ITEMS - CHANGES - PLEASE READ

there are fewer zoo employees at our disposal tomorrow. we will probably be
hauling large a&s items with wagons up to a short cut, but drop off is the
same at gate B2, across from the big plastic pavilion. we'll figure it out.
we will have someone (sca) at that gate all morning to watch stuff and
coordinate with zoo staff. heavy a&s items needing to come in that gate for
hauling can come at the times mentioned before but they may get to the
display area a little later than we want - it will work out.

the woman at the zoo would like to only do hauling of items that are heavy
and need golf carts between 11:00 & 11:30. she looses the use of the carts
soon after. FIGHTERS should note this and get there earlier. please.  i'm
sorry about this, but she just came up with this today :(

PLEASE TRY NOT TO BE LATE. we had a lot of straggling this morning (which i
expected and personally did not care :) and while that's ok for an event
(lord knows *I'M* guilty!) or demo when we are relying on ourselves, it
makes this kind of demo that much harder. we want this woman to like us and
invite us back *evil grin*

again, my cell number is 412-721-5028.  put it in your phone now :)

see you tomorrow and thank you!

rufina