[SCA-BMDL] zoo demo

L.J. Rodriguez rufinasca at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 11:18:06 EDT 2009

sorry for the delay on this folks - this was sent yesterday but got held up
by the list for too many recipients - my fault :)

greetings!

apologies to those that get more than one copy of this. feel free to forward
to any list/person you think may be interested. thank you.

the time for the demo at the pittsburgh zoo draws near.

review of basics: the demo is JUNE 20 & 21. you are welcome to come
participate either or both days. everyone who participates gets into the zoo
that day for free. all adults get 2 free passes for a later visit to the
zoo.

i need to have your full MUNDANE name in order to put you on the guest list
for that day. i would like to have the names by the 15th please. please let
me how you will be participating, ie, heavy fighting, fencing, youth
fighting, choir, dance, sitting at a&s display etc...  you can do more than
one. you do not have to have an item on display to sit at a table.

artisans who wish to sell their wares may do so, so long as they are
demonstrating how the item is made. i need to know ahead of time if you wish
to do this so i can be sure to provide you with space.

new items:

no live steel to be worn, as per zoo request. weapons can be part of a&s
displays.

no belly dancing, as per zoo request (i have no idea why, so please don't
ask me, thanks)

please wear garb :)  if you have a 'tin hat', please wear it :)

there are scheduled activities and a&s displays planned. if you can
participate in either, please let me know. IF YOU ARE AVAILABLE SATURDAY,
especially for heavy fighting, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.

we need a couple volunteers to help with setup and tear down of said a&s
displays, both days.

*tentative* schedule for sunday is:
debatable choir - 11 am
youth fighting - 11:30 am
heavy fighting - starts at 1 (fighters be at transport point between 12 and
12:30)
fencers - 12:00

saturday is still up in the air - i'm hoping to ge some people to do a dance
demo early, followed by fighting and fencing.

look for an update late thursday or early friday.

i can be reached at:
rufinasca at gmail.com
412-721-5028

thanks!!