[SCA-BMDL] July 3 Sewing Circle and fabric swap

Gail Lefkowitz lefkowitzga at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 1 01:46:47 EDT 2009

July!!! Where did the year go?  There are only 3 sewing weeks left til Pennsic Land Grab!

If you're like me and can't get used to the earlier date for Pennsic, feel free to come to the sewing circle on Friday, July 3, from 10am to 4:30 pm in the community building at Frick Park at Summerset, in Squirrel Hill.  The site is approximately 1 mile from the Squirrel Hill exit from the Parkway, in a very pretty neighborhood.

The purpose of this sewing circle is to get ready for Pennsic War.  With only 3 weeks from the sewing circle to Pennsic, it is a good time to get those new outfits made, fix up the old ones, and work on camp projects.  Since the goal of the sewing circle is to let everyone work on their projects, no pattern-making or teaching will happen at this sewing circle.

Please bring your own sewing machine and gear (pins, scissors, etc).  A cutting surface and iron/ironing board will be available.  Also feel free to bring fabric that would make someone else wonderful clothes and we'll have a fabric swap.

A contribution of $5 for drinks and the hall rental would be appreciated.  Those who are there at the lunch hour can order in chinese or pizza to concentrate the bulk of our time on sewing.

If questions: Mistress Ts'vee'a, 412-361-0718 before 9pm or lefkowitzga at earthlink.net.  It would be great to get an idea of how many people are coming, so feel free to RSVP (but it is not required - come even if you didn't RSVP).

Directions
>From downtown Pittsburgh and points west — Take the 376 East exit at Squirrel Hill/Homestead. Follow sign to Squirrel Hill. Continue on Forward Avenue for 2 miles to Summerset Drive, turn right.  See * below.

>From Monroeville and points east — Traveling west on PA Turnpike 76, take the Pittsburgh Exit 6 to 376 West. Follow 376 West through the Squirrel Hill Tunnels, stay in the right hand lane. Take the Squirrel Hill/Homestead exit and follow sign to Squirrel Hill. Continue on Forward Avenue for 2 miles to Summerset Drive, turn right.

* Follow Summerset until it ends at Parkview, turn right.  Follow Parkview to the community center ("sales office" signs help point the way).

Unfortunately, the pool is restricted to residents.  Help with cleaning up at 4:30 would be greatly appreciated.