[SCA-BMDL] Aethelmearc War College

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 12:31:10 EST 2009

Aethelmearc War College
        June 6, AS xliv (2009)

        Dorseyville Fire Department Social Hall

           100 Charles Street

           Pittsburgh PA 15238

        As Aethelmerc  sees war on the horizon, the soldiers gather to learn new tactics and
           tried and true formations that will guarantee a swift victory. This year the Barony Marche
           of the Debatable Lands opens their gates for the armies of Aethelmearc to
           gather and prepare.

        Morning sessions will provide for training in combat arts, classes are being co-ordinated
           by Lord Liam MacanTsaoir (agincourt_bmdl(at)yahoo.com).  On the noon hour, all will gather
           for a lunch to nourish even the largest man. The afternoon will allow ample time to hone the
           skills that all soldiers learned in the morning sessions. The Southern Regional Command will
           run melees until the last man collapses from exhaustion.

        We welcome you to join us in these Debatable Lands on this day, and prepare yourselves
           for the  glorious battles to come.
The site allows plenty of room for Archery, Fencing, Heavy Fighting and Youth Fighting.

        For this day of fighting the charges are as follows:

           Adults $7.00, Children 6-12 $3.00, Under 6 are free.

           All prices include lunch, there will be no feast.

        Lunch is being prepared by Odriana vander Brugghe (jenn.strobel (at) gmail.com, please contact her
           regarding dietary restrictions.

        Reservations are being taken by Lady Helewys Spynnere (chatelaine (at) debatablelands.org,
           209 Avenue F, Pittsburgh PA 15221.

        Directions:

        From the East: Take I-76 (Pa Turnpike) to Exit 48 (Allegheny Valley), Off of the exit
           turn Right onto Freeport Road, Go  0.5 miles, Turn Right onto PA-910 (Indianola Road).
           Follow PA-910  approx. 5.0 miles to Saxonburg Blvd. Turn left onto Saxonburg Blvd.,
           Go 0.6 miles, turn Right onto Charles Street. Dorseyville Fire Department is on the immediate right.

        From the North: Take I-79 South  to exit 73 (Wexford), Take PA-910  East, go approx. 12 miles,
           Turn right onto Saxonburg Blvd., Go 0.6 miles, turn Right onto Charles Street. Dorseyville Fire Department
           is on the immediate right.

        From The South: Take I-79 North to I-279 North, follow I-279 through downtown Pittsburgh,
           exit onto PA Route 28, follow Route 28 north  approx. 6 miles  merge onto PA-8 North, Go approx.
           1 mile, turn right onto Saxonburg Blvd. go approx. 6 miles, turn left onto Charles Street.
           Dorseyville Fire Department is on the immediate right.