[SCA-BMDL] Event Announcement for March

Gwilym/Bill scalongbow at windstream.net
Wed Feb 4 10:06:40 EST 2009

Gryffyn's Keep is calling all scribes to attend a gathering on Sat. Mar. 7, 2009 at the Union Presbyterian Church, 656 Rt 380, Murrysville, PA 15668. There will be classes taught by some of the Kingdom's finest scribes. It will be a perfect time to work on your projects for Ice Dragon.

Lunch will be served by our feastocrat, THL Anna oft de Turm (Nancy Santella, 323 New Castle St., Slippery Rock, PA 16057). Any dietary concerns please contact her by Mar 1 at 724-421-5184 before 9 PM. The event will start at 10AM and close at 5PM. The site is dry and the church sanctuary is off limits. The autocrat for the event is Lady Aileen ingen Proinnsias (Diane Leary, 4756B Rt. 66, Apollo, PA 15613). If you have any questions you may contact her at 724-910-3883 before 9PM or e-mail at ailleann1949 at yahoo.com.

Site fees for the event are $8 which includes lunch, children 6-12 are $4 and children under the age of 5 are free. The $3 NMS fee will be collected at the door for those members over the age of 18 without proof of membership. Reservations may be sent to Master Gwilym o'r Afonfydd Tair (Bill Weichler, 145 Shelby Lane, Apollo, PA 15613). Make checks payable to SCA Inc., Shire of Gryffyn's Keep.

Directions: from South and Pittsburgh area. take your best route to I-376 East(Parkway) to the end and bear left onto Rt 22E towards Murrysville.**Go thru 3 stop lights and bear right onto Rt 286E, Golden Mile Highway (Holiday Park). Proceed thru 8 stop lights and after the last one at the Dairy Queen go straight under the underpass on Rt 380E. From here the church is approximately 2 miles on your right(Union Presbyterian Church).