[SCA-BMDL] Archery Schedule and News

crossbow1953 crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 29 17:52:10 EDT 2009

>From the Captain of Archers,

It's been wonderful to get back outside again and return to our practices on Washington Boulevard. The site is in good shape even if all those leaves from last fall don't want to go away.

Here's the archery schedule for May. Remember we start at 11:00 and will continue to at least 1:00 depending on the fencers and fighters.

May 3rd - Regular practice
May 10th - Regular practice
May 17th - No practice. See you on the range at Cooper's during War Practice.
May 24th - Regular practice.
May 31st - No practice. It's the day after the Siege of Harlech Castle.

I will be running the range at War Practice this year and I hope to have some different shoots set up for everyone. As usual the clout shoot will run Friday and Saturday with prizes of beer, beverage, and cookies. Friday, I'll have the range set up with the usual five-color Royal Round targets. Saturday, I have a variety of specialty targets to challenge everyone. Maestro Jacopo di Niccolo, in addition to his autocrat duties, will be conducting the Kingdom Championship.

I'm having a shoulder problem these days and am taking physical therapy for that. I would appreciate any extra help setting up and taking down at practices and events.

Please remember to bring water with you!

In Service to the Debatable Lands,

Urho Waltterinen
mka Eugene Siren
crossbow1953 at earthlink.net