[SCA-BMDL] Maintenance of Feast Gear

Elss_of_Augsburg elss_of_augsburg at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 10:44:40 EDT 2008

Greetings, Kind Gentles --

As I slowly sort through my mundane stuff to put together some feast gear, I am finding some hidden treasures from the past that raise questions about how to care for materials:

The easy question:
What do I use to clean pewter? I have some that has darkened considerably, probably from being run through the dishwasher.

The more difficult question:
I have some very old (well, mundanely old, that is) wooden wine glasses that have some kind of shiny finish on them. One has been cracked for a while and is a bit warped. The other seeps when filled with liquid, so I deduce a hairline crack somewhere. Can these be saved and used, and if so, how?

Also, any and all information on feast gear (what one needs, what's period, what's not but useful anyway, and so on) will be warmly received and eagerly read.

Thanks to all --

Elss of Augsburg

MKA Rocky Hayeslip