[SCA-BMDL] OT: War Practice post-revel on Sunday

Michael B. Greenstein greenstein at earthlink.net
Tue May 13 22:36:57 EDT 2008

Greetings, all, from Michael Alewright!  Since my twenty-first birthday is about to celebrate its twenty-first birthday, you're all invited to join me at my home for an informal War Practice post-revel open house this Sunday, May 18.  Katherine will be out of town at a conference, so shh!  Maybe she won't find out I'm inviting the whole world to drop by and hang out while she's gone.

I'll provide the chips and beer, maybe a pot of chili, and pizza can happen later.  Anyone wishing to contribute to the munchables is welcome, but no one has to bring a blessed thing except themselves (and please, your company is gift enough).  Associative coolness is in effect.

Folks are welcome to start arriving around 1:00 (come earlier if you like, but you might get drafted to help me clean), and I probably won't throw everyone out until some time after midnight, so come by whenever you like.  If you can let me know that you're coming so I can have an idea of how many to expect, wonderful.  If not, no sweat.  I have a few games, but anyone wanting play something (including musical instruments!) is welcome to bring it.

My address is 8012 Westmoreland Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA  15218.  More specific directions follow:

>From Cooper's Lake, head south on I-79.
Take exit 72 on the left side of the highway to 279-South
As you approach Pittsburgh (you will see the downtown buildings between the hills), take the exit for 579/Veterans Bridge.
On the bridge, take the left fork toward 376/Boulevard of the Allies/Oakland.  Stay to the right after the fork.
VERY shortly thereafter, exit to the right onto Boulevard of the Allies.
The road will curve to the left, and you will find yourself driving along a cliff.  Construction will force you to merge into one lane and exit onto 376.
Stay on 376 past the Squirrel Hill exit, and go through the Squirrel Hill Tunnel.
Take the first exit after the tunnel, Edgewood/Swissvale.  Bear to the right at the fork, toward Swissvale.
At the stop sign, turn left.  The road will shortly end in a "T" at another stop sign; turn right onto South Braddock Avenue.
You will pass under a railroad overpass.  Turn left at the second traffic light after that, onto Westmoreland Avenue.
Pass four stop signs.
WARNING: Traffic coming from the left at Columbia does not stop!
After the fourth stop sign, pass Lacrosse.  My house is on the next block, on the right.  Look for the red and white porch.
"Help, I'm lost!" number: 412-656-7557.

In friendship,
Michael