[SCA-BMDL] OT: Premiere of new tuba solo

Ray Strobel rstrobel at gmail.com
Sun May 4 22:08:21 EDT 2008

Greetings from Kieran!

I am proud to announce that on Thursday, May 8th, at 5pm, in the Alumni
Concert Hall on CMU's campus (Fine Arts Bldg), David Yeager will be giving
his master's recital on tuba.  He asked me to compose a new solo for him,
and so I wrote "Dans Profundo" for solo tuba and piano accompaniment.  My
piece will kick off the second half of the recital, which will include music
by Strauss, Persichetti, and others.

Everyone is welcome, so if you've been wondering where all the new tuba
music is (as I *know* you have), then please come for more tuba music than
you've ever heard in one sitting, plus a world premiere!  Hey, I heard from
David that his teacher, the principal tubist for the Pittsburgh Symphony,
really likes it, and wants a copy.  C'mon out!

Ray Strobel

--
<<>>
Ray Strobel

Musician, teacher, composer
"If it sounds good, it is good." --Peter Schickele