[SCA-BMDL] Regional Archery Practice - April 13

Ben Cogan donnghaile at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 14:29:11 EDT 2008

Unto the populace of the Fair Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands,
the Noble Canton of Steltonwald and the August College of Cour d'Or
does Brandubh O'Donnghaile, Baronial Archery Champion send greetings
upon this day.

On the occasion of the Fall of Winter this past season did I, in all
sincerity, issue a challenge to these self same populace named above
to participate in and demonstrate skill with bow and arrow in a
contest to prove merit according to the style of the Gwytarian Winter
Archery Challenge.  It pleases me to see that at the present hour
there have been no less than 15 archers of the populace who have taken
up this challenge and upon its completion have submitted scores for
publication to the entire known world to boast of the competency of
the Archers of our most fair Barony, Canton and College.  Yet upon
reflection, I have heard of still more archers who have not yet raised
their bow to compete in this contest of skill as it has been issued
forth.  In order to rectify this slight, for obviously the fault is my
own lacking in that I did indeed not afford them the opportunity to
compete, I have enlisted the aid of several Marshals of Archery and
together we shall hold an open range for all to come and compete,
whether you come to shoot for the first time this season or wish an
opportunity to better your score.  This range will be open on the 13th
day of the month of April at the Castle of our Baron and Baroness at
Wexford, beginning at the 10th hour of the morning and progressing
through the daylight hours of the afternoon, til fingers numb, and
voices grow hoarse.  So good friends, I entreat you to join me this
day and shoot side by side from the walls of the castle, Where upon
this day the arrow shall reign supreme.

Your Humblest of Servants,
Brandubh O'Donnghaile