[SCA-BMDL] An Event for July

Gwilym scalongbow at windstream.net
Mon Jun 16 21:07:33 EDT 2008

  Scribes, Fighters and Fencers

    An event in Gryffyn's Keep

<> Event date, July 12, 2008

      Union Presbyterian Church

<> Oh My. What a combo. Scribes come and work on your current projects
or learn from some of the Kingdom's finest scribes. In attendance will
be Mistress Antoinette de la Croix, Mistress Kris Gilibari, THL Gianna
di Auriolo to name a few.  For the Fighters and Fencers we have some fun
things planned. New fighters and fencers this is the last scheduled
event where you can authorize for Pennsic. We will have the marshals
available and the appropriate paperwork. <>

A light lunch is planned by Lady Freya Ramsey (Heather Pollins) assisted
by Lord Derek the Archer. For any dietary concerns contact Thomas
Lestrange at 412-398-3808. <> This will be held on July 12, 2008 at the
Union Presbyterian Church, 656 Rt 380, Murrysville, Pa. 15668 in the
Shire of Gryffyn's Keep. The site will open at 9:00AM and close at
4:30PM, entrance is at the back of the church and the church sanctuary
is strictly off limits. This is a dry site.

Autocrat is Lady Aileen ingen Proinnsias(Diane Leary, 4756B Rt  66,
Apollo, Pa. 15613, 724-910-3883, <ailleann1949 at yahoo.com> Fees for the
day: Adults $8 includes lunch, Children 6-12 $4 and children 5 and under
are free. The $3 NMS charge will be collected at the door from those 18
and over without proof of membership. Pre-registrations may be sent to
Master Gwilym o'r Afonydd Tair (Bill Weichler), 145 Shelby Lane,
Apollo,Pa.15613). Make checks payable to
SCA, Inc.-Shire of Gryffyn's Keep.

Directions: From South and Pittsburgh area,

Take your best route to I-376East(Parkway)to the end and bear left on
Rt22E towards Murrysville         .**      Go thru 3 red lights and bear
right onto Rt 286E, Golden Mile Highway. Proceed thru 8 red lights and
after the last one at the Dairy Queen go straight under the underpass on
Rt 380 E. From here the church is approximately 2 miles on your
right(Union Presbyterian church).

<>From the North I-79 to Pa Turnpike East to the Monroeville-Pittsburgh
exit, after toll booth bear right onto Rt22E towards Murrysville. Follow
directions from **.

 From the East take either Rt22 or Rt 30 W to Rt 66N thru Delmont, go
approximately 7 miles to a flashing yellow light and turn left onto Rt
366 W towards New Kensington. Go approximately 4 miles to interchange
with 380, Turn left thru medial and bear right onto Rt380 E., church
will be approximately 1.5 mi on your right.