[SCA-BMDL] request for garb help

Gail Lefkowitz lefkowitzga at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 12 19:17:46 EDT 2008

<<I was wondering if there's someone here who could give me some help with garb?  I would like to make a couple of front lacing, 15th century Flemish dresses.  I've done it before by modifying modern  costume patterns and had pretty good results,  unfortunately,  I've lost my mock ups and patterns.  I'm hoping that there's someone here who could help me come up with new patterns.   Thanks in advance.>>

My name is Ts'vee'a, and I host a sewing circle on the Fourth Wednesday of each month at my home in Stanton Heights.  Wednesday, June 25 is the next scheduled date for a sewing circle.  I would be happy to help you adapt a new pattern, but if you could bring a modern pattern that fits you well, it would greatly expedite the drafting.  I have the Flemish costume book to use as a guide.

All are welcome to the sewing circle.  Since there is already a request for patterning help, this month I can't help with more patterning, but people can come and sew, get fitting assistance, design new outfits for Pennsic, and look through lots of research materials.

The location is 5167 Rosecrest Drive in Stanton Heights (close to North Negley and East Liberty Blvd, to name the nearest really big intersection.  I will post directions closer to the date.

Ts'vee'a bas Tseepora Levi, OP, OL