[SCA-BMDL] courtesy

Roy Jacobs almond_roy at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 13:31:37 EDT 2008

One thing I don't think Dear Abby is considering here is the curse of the 'electronic tether' for those of us cursed, I mean, blessed with the responsibility of work-related things following us to gatherings. Personally, I don't find checking a Blackberry for alerts or outages to be any more rude than knitting or crocheting (provided the thing is not going off like a fire bell); I think people are more accepting of non-disruptive multitasking these days, and I think the response she provided is reflective of the user's age and upbringing.

Matthias
And if you should find helpdesks actually fixing things for their customers, be not afraid, for you are in Elysium, and already dead!