[SCA-BMDL] courtesy

David Svoboda svoboda at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 17 10:06:22 EDT 2008

There's a difference with bringing a laptop to a meeting and bringing
sewing supplies. People who bring laptops to meetings can answer
technical questions (eg is our website still up?). They also can take
notes...in other words the laptops are useful tools for meetings. Sewing
supplies are incidental, do not inherently contribute to the meeting
like laptops do, and have nothing to do with the meeting (unless the
meeting is about sewing, of course).

I generally think its a cultural thing...in some gatherings sewing while
participating is par for the course, and in others its rude. Expecting
DearAbby to give a single answer for all possible gatherings is really
not reasonable, as it depends on the venue and the other participants.

~Dave
(AKA Arslan ibn Da'ud)