[SCA-BMDL] courtesy

laura lindsay frithar at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 11:45:45 EDT 2008

Please excuse a fringe-member offering an opinion! :D

I think an interesting aspect of all this would be, Is it *period* to engage in small hand-work activities during certain situations?

I think, and granted this opinion is entirely undocumented, that it certainly IS a period thing to do.  Every spare moment seemed to be spent in some worthy pursuit.  I have no doubt when women went visiting or socializing, they had a project with them, and would chat over needlework.

Now, sitting in a class is another thing entirely.  There, I think, gracious attention should be given completely to the instructor who reasearched and is presenting the topic.

Or am I missing the point entirely?  It wouldn't be the first time...

Elsa (Who's basing her opinion solely on-- it must be admitted-- the knowledge that women did this in the 1800's)