[SCA-BMDL] Nearby event reminder

Gwilym scalongbow at windstream.net
Tue Jul 1 16:47:47 EDT 2008

  Scribes, Fighters and Fencers

    An event in Gryffyn's Keep

Event date, July 12, 2008

      Union Presbyterian Church

Oh My. What a combo. Scribes come and work on your current projects or
learn from some of the Kingdom's finest scribes. In attendance will be
Mistress Antoinette de la Croix, Mistress Kris Gilibari, THL Gianna di
Auriolo to name a few. Fighters and fencers we have some fun things
planned. New fighters and fencers this is the last scheduled event where
you can authorize for Pennsic. We will have the marshals available and
the appropriate paperwork.

A light lunch is planned by Lord Thomas Lestrange(Thomas Butts) assisted
by Lord Derek the Archer. For any dietary concerns contact Thomas at
412-398-3808.

This will be held on July 12, 2008 at the Union Presbyterian Church, 656
Rt 380, Murrysville, Pa. 15668 in the Shire of Gryffyn's Keep. The site
will open at 9:00AM and close at 4:30PM, entrance is at the back of the
church and the church sanctuary is strictly off limits. This is a dry site.

Autocrat is Lady Aileen ingen Proinnsias(Diane Leary, 4756B Rt  66,
Apollo, Pa.           15613, 724-910-3883, <ailleann1949 at yahoo.com> Fees
for the day: Adults $8 includes lunch, Children 6-12 $4 and children 5
and under are free. The $3 NMS charge will be collected at the door from
those 18 and over without proof of membership. Pre-registrations may be
sent to Master Gwilym o'r Afonydd Tair (Bill Weichler, 145 Shelby Lane,
Apollo,Pa.15613). Make checks payable to SCA, Inc.-Shire of Gryffyn's Keep.

Directions: From South and Pittsburgh area,

Take your best route to I-376East(Parkway)to the end and bear left on
Rt22E towards Murrysville         .**      Go thru 3 red lights and bear
right onto Rt 286E, Golden Mile Highway. Proceed thru 8 red lights and
after the last one at the Dairy Queen go straight under the underpass on
Rt 380 E. From here the church is approximately 2 miles on your
right(Union Presbyterian church).

 From the North I-79 to Pa Turnpike East to the Monroeville-Pittsburgh
exit, after toll booth bear right onto Rt22E towards Murrysville. Follow
directions from **.

 From the East take either Rt22 or Rt 30 W to Rt 66N thru Delmont, go
approximately 7 miles to a flashing yellow light and turn left onto Rt
366 W towards New Kensington. Go approximately 4 miles to interchange
with 380, Turn left thru medial and bear right onto Rt380 E., church
will be approximately 1.5 mi on your right