[SCA-BMDL] Fwd: Road closures and delays March 1

Sir Koredono koredono at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 13:58:06 EST 2008

Hi everyone

This was just pointed out to me, and it will affect *everyone* planning
on taking 376 to get to the event tomorrow, as well as others who live
in that area as well.

The full story is online at
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08060/861360-100.stm, but the gist is:

Beginning at 7 am tomorrow, "for up to 3 hours", the Parkway
East/I-376, Second Avenue and the Boulevard of Allies in both
directions. The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation also will
shut down Forbes Avenue, which is one-way outbound toward Oakland, and
Brady Street, a city street to and from Second Avenue.

The traffic stoppages will be implemented as a precautionary measure
while workers use two dozen heavy-duty hydraulic jacks to adjust and
reposition the 150-foot-long southbound span that came loose and
dropped about 8 inches in the middle of the night of Feb. 8.

Tomorrow morning, the Parkway East closure will be between Grant Street
(Exit 1) and Bates Street (Exit 3) in both directions.

Generally, westbound traffic will be detoured at Wilkinsburg, including
Swissvale and Squirrel Hill traffic that will be sent outbound to get
off at Wilkinsburg and circle back. Then drivers will be detoured onto
Fifth Avenue to Downtown to re-enter the parkway westbound at Grant
Street.

Eastbound traffic from the Parkway West/I-279 will be sent to Route 28
north to the Highland Park Bridge to Route 8 south to Route 130 to the
Parkway East or to Route 28 to Route 910 to Freeport Road to the
Pennsylvania Turnpike to Monroeville.

Eastbound traffic from I-279 south and from Routes 65, 51 and 19 will
be sent through the Liberty Tunnels to I-579 north to Bigelow Bouelvard
to Baum Boulevard to Penn Avenue to Route 8 south to return to the
Parkway East.