[SCA-BMDL] Barony meeting

Karen Canne kcanne at comcast.net
Sun Feb 10 18:22:33 EST 2008

Greetings,

I wish to remind everyone that we will be having a discussion at Barony
meeting concerning the role of Barony meeting and how to increase
attendance.  This discussion will be held after the other business is
conducted, which we will keep short to allow for plenty of time for
discussion.

Some points we plan to discuss are:
- Does Barony Meeting still provide a function to the Barony? Should it
be discontinued?
- If the meeting does provide a service, what is it now? What should it be?
- Why has attendance declined so drastically?
- How do Parking, Timing, Location affect the meeting? Should these be
changed?
- It seems that most people get information from the internet now. How
is that affecting the meeting?
- Is the current meeting format (ordered announcements) still valid?
- Is there a better format? What would you like to see?
- What is the populace's opinion about short classes added to, or
instead of, the meeting. Would it help? How would such a thing be
accomplished?
- What is the populace's opinion about adding food to the equation
(potluck, meeting at a restaurant, taking turns, etc)? Would it help?
How would such a thing be accomplished?

If you are unable to attend Barony meeting and wish to provide input,
please email me at seneschal at debatablelands.org and I will bring it to
the meeting.

YIS,
Fredeburg