[SCA-BMDL] Newcomers at Sunday Fighting, Fencing and Archery

Cara & Char caram at pitt.edu
Sun Aug 17 21:44:09 EDT 2008

Greetings Good Gentles!   We wish to thank all those who helped with the largest number of newcomers we have ever seen at one Washington Blvd practice.  The newcomers ranged from at least 12 friends of Alex's who had no previous SCA exposure to a knight from West Kingdom who has moved here for a year.   Two individuals in particular deserve recognition: Urho and the Barony's archery marshalls who spent the day teaching new archers (all the loaner gear was in use), and Don Christian who taught a group of at least a dozen the basic fencing moves.  Thanks to Bors and the heavy fighting marshalls who brought loaner gear and tried to get it on as many people as possible.  All should be proud of the Barony's welcome!
In Service,
Byron and Ariella