[SCA-BMDL] Greetings

William Huey williamehueyjr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 11:52:15 EDT 2008

Greetings to all good gentles in the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands.
My name is Guillaume Jean-Pierre de Mortain (mka William Huey) and although
I have been present within your borders for some 4 years now, I must admit
that I have not been active at the local level. (I did attend Pennsics 33
and 37, a few events in Atlantia, the Outlands, and I believe Atenveld
[estrella wars] over the past 4 years).  Over the next few months you will
most likely find myself and my lady, Michelle, at dance practice (something
my lady and I would like to do together), scribal guild meetings (something
I've been itching to try my hand at), and fencing practice (I haven't fenced
in a couple of years, but wouldn't mind knocking the rust off).  My work
schedule currently precludes my participation in fencing practice on Sundays
at the Washington Blvd. site, however I heard there is a fencing practice on
Tuesdays as well?  Can someone be so kind as to provide me with some
additional information as to where and when these take place?  I am also
very interested in getting into costuming with a desire to make garb that is
actually period.  My persona is late 14th, early 15th C. French.  I am, at
best, a beginning sewer and would welcome the advice and assistance of
someone within the Barony that may be willing to lend their expertise and
advise to someone willing to learn the craft.

I am sure I speak for my lady as well when i say that we look forward to
meeting the good people of this area and sharing our interest in the middle
ages with you all.

In Service to the Dream,

Lord Guillaume Jean-Pierre de Mortain