[SCA-BMDL] Siege of Harlech Castle thank-yous

Cara & Char charb at mail.connecttime.net
Mon Apr 7 21:20:42 EDT 2008

Greetings Good Gentles!  We hope everyone had just as good a time as we did at the Siege of Harlech Castle this past Saturday.  We were lucky with the weather, and over 160 people came out for the event.  That meant a lot of effort for some amazing event staff and we sincerely thank them.

THL Brandubh o Donnghaile, Head Cook, and his kitchen staff of Ardis Bluemantel, Ailis Linne, Olivia d'Anjou, Creador Twinedragon, Alastar Scott MacCrummin, Elss (Rocky), Freya, Johan, Alessandra d'Avignon, Bonita of Steltonwald, Hildarun Hugelmann, and Judith of Kirtland.  The sideboard was full of delicious food all day long!

Sir Aengus MacBain, our stalwart Marshall in Charge, for running four different martial competitions that day

Zianna Beguy Urdina de Truylos, for being Mistress of the Lists for the four martial competitions and authorizations

Cai o'r Llyn, Parking Marshal and Pavel Dudoladov, deputy Parking Marshal for parking a huge number of vehicles on a street with almost no parking (and even shuttling event goers to nearby parking areas)

Lissa of Stahlgeist for teaching a well-attended, enjoyable class on Serving 14th c. High Table

Darter (mka Ron Lutz) who took photographs all day (they'll be at http://www.pbase.com/darter02 in a couple of weeks)

Alaric MacConnal, the brave mentor for the first-time autocrats

Elsbeth Anne Roth, for spearheading the Heraldic consultation that was available all day

Tessa the Huntress for advising us about combat archery at the site over several months

Lance and Colin for Set Up the night before the event

Dishwashers Elsbeth the Beggar, Elizabeth and Maleodor (Sean Rankin)

Aleea Bagah for organizing the sewing circle all day

Charles de Cayeux, Clean up crew organizers, and his crew of Giovanni Magrino, Alana Griffin, Will Parris, and Roana d'Evreux

Elsa, who organized and ran a wonderful Children's activities, and all the gentles such as Val Corbin who helped her

Dani of the Seven Wells, for reservations and busy Tollner duty, and his assistants, She' erah bat Schlomo, Cassandra Theodosius, and Roana d'Evreux

We could not have put on a successful, enjoyable event without the help of all those above and many others who offered assistance in days before and throughout the event.  We are humbled by the service and generosity of so many - Thank you!

In Service,
Byron and Ariella

written this second day after the Siege of Harlech Castle