[SCA-BMDL] OT: In search of a crossbow for use as a prop in the play =?macintosh?Q?=22Deathtrap=22?=

Giovanni Daino di Giacomettino giovanni at geswho.net
Thu Oct 18 22:27:39 EDT 2007

Hello,
Lurker and former active BMDLer Giovanni Daino di Giacomettino (m.k.a. Garth Schafer) here, with an off topic request.

My real life sister, Eve, is involved with a local theatre company, The Theatre Factory, of Trafford, PA. http://www.thetheatrefactory.com/
They are about to produce "Deathtrap," and are in need of a crossbow.  If anyone out there is able to lend such an item (which needs not be fully functional), they would be greatly indebted to such gentles.  I'm sure that at the very least, free tickets would be available. Anything more though would need to be negotiated with the offical representatives of the theatre, as I'm only acting as a "brotherly agent."

They would need the item as soon as possible, so they can begin working with it, as the show runs October 26 through November 11, and there is very little time left for getting used to the item.  Again, it doesn't need to fire, but should be able to have someone "pluck" at the string, to show that it is "taut."  I'm not sure which actors/actresses will need to handle it, so it probably ought not be one of those two person monsters for bolting your adversaries to a stone wall.  A simple one person job of around 2-3 feet in length would be good.

If anyone is able to help with this request, please contact me at either of these email addresses, as soon as possible, and I will make arrangements to connect you, the crossbow and the theatre:
Giovanni at geswho.net or GESWho at geswho.net

Thanks,

Giovanni