[SCA-BMDL] Sunday's martial activities

Cara & Char caram at pitt.edu
Mon Oct 8 07:07:50 EDT 2007

Greetings Good Gentles!  Yesterday, the Barony Marche had our first Thrown Weapons practice in some years, thanks to the efforts of many in target and range set-up and marshalling by Porfinna (Ro).  The continued requests of gentles to use the range kept it open well past the estimated time of 1pm - Vivat to Marshall Ro!

Exemplary in many respects, Don Christian was shooting archery that day as well as fencing.  Brandubh shot an archery score of 101, his personal best Royal Round.  We are gladdened by those who try new things, excel at familiar things, and those who support them (Marshall Urho, of course).

Also of note, we had 6 new heavy fighters out, all new in the last month, and 2 new that day.  Welcome to Tony and Nikki, Brad, Justin, Jeremy, and Amy!  Thanks to Bors (who made a trip just to bring loaner armor), Shiro (who helped people into it) and all our more experienced fighters who taught and fought despite the heat.
We are hopeful that the new indoor site provided by Clewin will allow this excellent camaraderie and momentum of all four marshall forms to continue throughout the winter months.  Please join us in the remaining weeks outside to try something new or just keep us company!

In Service,
Baron Byron and Baroness Ariella